Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Welcome Holy Spirit

Welcome Holy Spirit

 "In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans." -Roman 8: 26-30

When I look back over my walk I have grown as all of us have in my prayer life. There was a time when I literally would pray for only the things that I "needed God for". Literally back in my thirties I used to write in my journal crazy statements like God please me with this, this and this but I got that. In other words I didn't welcome the spirit in all areas of my spirt just the stuff I deemed I couldn't manage. Or stuff I just didn't mention at all because I was not trying to deal with it. Lol Lawd help.

Essentially its as simple as this...you invite someone over to your home for the weekend and you tell them make yourself at home. But when they go to the refrigerator there is a lock on it or when they go into the room to the right there's a sign on it that says keep out. So when you told them to make themselves at home you were not really willing for them to see all the rooms. Maybe it was not as clean? There were parts of your home that you did not want them to access.

It's the same thing with the Holy Spirit. When we cry out to the Lord to say welcome Holy Spirit you are welcome in this place...this place is wherever he deems necessary. He is after all making intercession for us and if there a part of "this place" that is not open for him to rest, reign, rule and abide then we lose access to that help...that power to help in our weakness. Let's give an all access pass today!  We need it!  That's what I heard!  Be blessed today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Moving

Hey there! My blog is now on my site and I am disabling this one in a couple of weeks!  If you follow this blog, please go to my site and si...