Monday, January 19, 2015

Let the CHURCH Say Amen

Hebrews 10:25 ESV, Not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.

Shoutout to my church, New Life in Christ!  I say that because I believe we are great at this – ONE ANOTHERING.  I can honestly say over the years, the connections I have made at church have stood the test of time.  No matter if we are together for only a season or if we are still together in one local body of believers, those are ties that bind when you worship and serve together.  This is why the scripture instructs us not to neglect doing this.  Sunday and Wednesday and those other days you are at your church (like for small groups, hint, hint) you are getting refueled, refilled, re-energized to go back out and be the light in the other places you need to be.  If church is not that for you, you need to deepen your connection.  If church is not that for you, you need to probably drop some pretenses, take the “church face” off and really engage with someone.  (Notice I didn't say it was the church or the pastor fault if it was not that for you...) The message bible says it this way in Hebrews 10:25 Let’s see how inventive we can be in encouraging love and helping out, not avoiding worshiping together as some do but spurring each other on…

Rah Rah Cis Boom Bah – I cheer for you, you cheer for me.  We need one another.  Don’t let anyone steer you from your church/pastor.  I get my life at New Life and I know you know I will get gully with anyone that got some shade to throw on my church or my bishop.  This is so because the connections made here are priceless! Do not neglect meeting together.  

Don’t let a TV show keep you from mid-week worship or a choir rehearsal.  It’s better on DVR anyway – you can fast forward through commercials.  
Don’t avoid Sunday morning to sleep in, you can take a nap after church (some of my BEST naps are 5pm on my couch on Sundays!).  
Don’t let that barber shop banter or that beauty shop buffoonery that was going on about “church folk” keep you from it or your blessing.  Misery loves company and they want you “meeting together” with them in that nonsense but is that feeding your spirit and fueling your faith?  I don’t think so. We need one another!  Let the CHURCH say amen!

That’s what I heard…be encouraged today.  C U at church!  8-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Moving

Hey there! My blog is now on my site and I am disabling this one in a couple of weeks!  If you follow this blog, please go to my site and si...