Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Consuming Fire

Hebrews 12:21. For our God is a consuming fire.

I recall the first time that I felt the Holy Spirit and spoke in tongues.  I had been in church all my life I had sung in the choir all my life but I had not had this experience until I went to Woman Thou Art Loosed conference in New Orleans back in 1997. Run to the Water. It was inceedinle in that super dome that day. All of those scriptures came to life the first time I spoke in my prayer language and felt the Holy Spirit manifested in that way. I used to ask people what does it feel like but I didn't know until I knew.
 In these times, since my first time when I feel his presence like that I don't ignore it. The reason is because it is like a consuming fire consuming everything else that's the matter or going on with me with it. Thats why u can't always stay standing.  That's why u can't always "praise it away" (inside joke)   But u must let it do what it do. U may be someplace looking dumbfounded for a while when it's over but u know u r better for it. This is what I heard. Let him consume u today. Be encouraged!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Moving

Hey there! My blog is now on my site and I am disabling this one in a couple of weeks!  If you follow this blog, please go to my site and si...