Sunday, January 11, 2015

My 90-10 Principle

Well - today (and most Sundays) I will post my reflection of the word in the house from my Bishop and today - all I can say is WOW! Bishop had us saying ouch; had us laughing and had us convicted by the word.  Essentially it was the 90-10 principle meaning that we are all clear that God is owed and gets his 10% (tithe) from us.  The problem is that we are so mismanaging the 90 that we could be doing so much more OR it would not hurt so bad giving the 10.  

This is an area I have (like most people) struggled in the past.  Today's message hit the nail on the head about why.  We condition ourselves to believe that we NEED things that we actually just WANT and could do WITHOUT.  Then we are over extended and looking at God funny when we get to Sunday!  

Here's what the word says - Philippians 4:11 I am not complaining about having too little. I have learned to be satisfied [content] with whatever I have.  

I know I over extend myself at times.  Yes, I'm tithing but it's TIGHT!  There are so many areas I can cut back and do without, and I was convicted today.  I have a wedding coming up and Isadore and I have agreed - all extra coins are going in that direction.  We are not trying to have a Trump wedding but not going to be a Chump wedding either.  In order to do that and still be faithful with my tithe and my pledge - some things are going to go.  I'm ready!  I can do it!  Cooking more; eating out less...  Wearing what I have; buying less... Putting the natural hair products I have already on my head and stop buying new products I find on natural hair websites...   and the list goes on...

It's not a matter of trusting in the area of tithing or not, I have gave that struggle up long ago.  Let me encourage you if that is your story and tell you what I had to encourage myself with when I had more month than money - ERRRBODY AIN'T GONNA GET PAID NO WAY....You may as well pay the One that can help you with the rest!  I paid God and he gave me the grace and the ability to get wealth and work out the rest getting their money too!  

If you missed the sermon today or want to see it later - check it out on our rewind at www.nlicic.org/rewind - because my little snippet up top will not suffice!  Bishop PREEEEEAAACHED 

That's what I heard - I have learned to be satisfied and live BELOW what I need so God can TRUST me with increase to manage what I have and sow back into the kingdom!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Moving

Hey there! My blog is now on my site and I am disabling this one in a couple of weeks!  If you follow this blog, please go to my site and si...