Friday, January 30, 2015

Every Perfect Gift

James 1:17 MSG So, my very dear friends, don’t get thrown off course. Every desirable and beneficial gift comes out of heaven. The gifts are rivers of light cascading down from the Father of Light. There is nothing deceitful in God, nothing two-faced, nothing fickle. He brought us to life using the true Word, showing us off as the crown of all his creatures.

We all have gifts. Not to be confused with talents.  Talents are more abilities to me. Gifts are God given abilities and strengths that were GIFTED to us to be used to bless others. That's why it's called a gift. When we don't use a gift we dismiss the giver. 

When I was a little girl my great grandmother raised me. My mom and I would be together in the summers until I was old enough to start working (14) then I would always have summer jobs. My mom lived in the city and she would give me gifts of the latest city fashions all the time. I on the other hand was growing up in Clarksville and so some of her gift choices for me would not be my little country girl style. (What did I know at 8???!!?!). So one summer when she came to pick me up and help me pack she saw there were still tags on some things she gave me for Christmas. I was trying to hide it but she saw it. The look in her eye was hurt. Not because I didn't wear it but because she felt like she didn't know me. I felt bad and I pulled that jordache jean jacket out and put it on!  (Lol it was  90 degrees outside so she knew that was just for her). 

Likewise when u have God-given gifts, and you leave them in the closet with the tags on, it's a direct affront to God. It says he didn't know you when he gifted it to you. It says you didn't appreciate the effort he made to give it to you. So don't leave your gifts in the closet, use them for the glory of God. Use YOUR gift. Love YOUR gift. Don't get thrown off course!  

That's what I heard!  Be blessed today and let your gift bless someone else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Moving

Hey there! My blog is now on my site and I am disabling this one in a couple of weeks!  If you follow this blog, please go to my site and si...