Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Ring. Ring

Now Samuel did not yet know the LORD: The word of the LORD had not yet been revealed to him. The LORD called Samuel a third time, and Samuel got up and went to Eli and said, “Here I am; you called me.” Then Eli realized that the LORD was calling the boy. So Eli told Samuel, “Go and lie down, and if he calls you, say, ‘Speak, LORD, for your servant is listening.’ ” So Samuel went and lay down in his place. The LORD came and stood there, calling as at the other times, “Samuel! Samuel!” Then Samuel said, “Speak, for your servant is listening.”
1 Samuel 3:7-10

Many of us when using a cell phone have learned the skill of “selective answering.”  Our cell phones ring; we look at who is calling, and in an instant decide whether or not we are going to answer. It is “selective answering.”
Unfortunately, too often we do something similar when it comes to the Lord’s communication with us. We use “selective listening.” When we read what God has to say in the Bible we think, “Go ahead and speak, Lord. I will think about what you have to say. Then, if I agree with it I will follow your Word. If not, I am going to ignore it.”

If it is a hard word, we may act like we didn't hear the phone...it was on silent.  If it's a word of correction we act like it's just voicemail we left unanswered. When however it's a promise or a blessing, we r at full attention and even have a special ringtone for it so we don't miss that call. Lol. 

Samuel did not yet know the Lord.  So listening is not a skill for a seasoned saint , it can happen from day one of the relationship. Just get to know him. 2015 is the year of multiplication. Get to know all his ringtones so when that blessing call comes...u will be there to take the call!  

That's what I heard! Be encouraged today!  I hear your phone ringing! 😉😉😉

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Moving

Hey there! My blog is now on my site and I am disabling this one in a couple of weeks!  If you follow this blog, please go to my site and si...