Thursday, January 22, 2015

Who r u following?

Paul said “Follow my example as I follow the example of Christ.” (I Cor. 11:1) “Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me — put it into practice.” (Phil. 4:9) In other words, “let me mentor you. Let me be your role model. Just as we need a Mentee even more importantly we need a mentor. Who r u allowing to model for you?  A person that can speak into your spirit, that can speak into your heart is a vital relationship to have. Once you have given someone that type of access to you you need to be careful to make sure that they are in fact following Christ. 

Some of my most valuable mentee/mentor relationships have shaped me and made me a better Christian, a better mom, a better daughter, a better administrator, and a better future wife. When I was a young wife and mother 20 years ago I was not in church, and most of my relationships were either single people or married women who were not happy. They were my mentors. Unofficially I gave them permission to shape what I thought about life and as a result I end up divorcing and never got back into church. I moved here in 1996 when I was invited to the chapel and Gods grace worked things out for my good!  

Now I have many positive sisters, sorors, friends, play moms, family, pastor and a fiancé who I allow to speak words of life; whose lives I observe and pick fruit from regularly; whose counsel I seek when I need to.  Who r u mentors?  Who r u mentoring?  Be encouraged today as you move through ur day.  Thank u to those reading this who have been that to me...u know who u r and thank u!!!  That's what I heard! 💛💙💜❤️💚. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Moving

Hey there! My blog is now on my site and I am disabling this one in a couple of weeks!  If you follow this blog, please go to my site and si...