Monday, January 12, 2015

My comforter and Advocate

John 14:16 16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever— 
This week we are focused on the Holy Spirit. Personally for me the Holy Spirit is as the word says...a comforter. It's that unction on the inside of you that calms you when you need to be calm and quiets ur spirit when you want to rage at times. 
During this second week of the fast it is no meat and no sweets. This is typically the week where my flesh rises and tries to tell my spirit man it is not in charge. Well day two and all is well. I dread this time but this year I welcome this time of the fast. It is the time when my flesh gets put in its place and that's under the subjection of my spirit. Thanks be to God for the Holy Spirit in my life. If and when I let him rise up in these occasions over a burger I surely will let him rise up when it really counts. The enemy is always talking mess about what we cannot do. The Holy Spirit is like mayweather in ur corner saying come on, I got this. So I made it today. Feeling great and winning. How r u?  Ur winning too...and if it's hard there's an advocate to help u. He is in both our corners at the same time. That's what I heard!  Be blessed 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Moving

Hey there! My blog is now on my site and I am disabling this one in a couple of weeks!  If you follow this blog, please go to my site and si...