Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Two r Better than One

Eccl 4:9. Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor:
10 
This is speaking of working and laboring together. U cannot be a wonder all by yourself. I like to look at it a little differently. It's fine to experience things on your own.  In my singleness I have gone on trips alone, out to eat alone, to the movies alone and it was fine.  Sometimes u need that time with just u.  But it is better to have your girlfriend, family or you boo with you so you can share the good and possibly the bad. It's also great for accountability. Two are better than one because they have good reward for their toil.  

An example that I can think of is attending Woman Thou Art Loosed in October. It was life-changing for not only me but for more than 130 of my sisters. As we arrived in Atlanta from the beginning I knew that God was going to do something spectacular. Even the great expectation I had sitting on the plane taxiing away from Lambert did not prepare me for the mighty rushing wind of God's power that blew through Philips Arena changing every life in sight.  There was nothing like being in the presence of God with over 22,000 others on one accord seeking God's face and allowing him to rise up in us.  We even kept it going on the plane coming back home when I sat next to then a stranger and now my real friend on Facebook Deborah Hughes. She was so sweet and we talked all the way home because a connection was formed.  That weekend was one anothering to the 10th power!  I also now have other sisters to be accountable with from what was spoken there. 

Has that ever happened to you?  Do you remember experiences that you have had with friends or family where it was so much more powerful because now you can have someone to reach out to and "remember when".  In this life those memories...those times of bonding are priceless. That road trip, that pledging together, that movie, that conference, that project, that play, that Starbucks run....whatever it was. The next time you're on your way somewhere good stop and pick up someone else to be a part of it to make it great. Two are better than one. That's what I heard. Be encouraged today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Moving

Hey there! My blog is now on my site and I am disabling this one in a couple of weeks!  If you follow this blog, please go to my site and si...