Thursday, March 2, 2017

Just Do It....But Just Don't Get Weary

Galatians 6:9-10. ... 9Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary. 10So then, while we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, and especially to those who are of the household of the faith.
Isaiah 40:31 but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

It's so easy to get weary. It's like you get encouraged, "yes I can do this" and run home with bursts of energy to do this that and the other then boom. Some distraction causes weariness to set in.  Or you wake up in the morning....it's a good day.... you head out to work to get 'er done and you get there and only two of the 20 things on your list get done because distractions cause weariness to set in. Or you make a plan "I'm going to the gym starting Monday" and all day Saturday you prep your meals for the week you get your cute workout outfit laid out and then Tuesday morning hits and weariness sets in. Maybe you do a budget that you have set up to get debt free and clearance sales emails and texts from your credit buddies (who only giving you this price when you use that 27% credit card) is distracting you and weariness sets in.

The issue as I see it is that we keep putting hope in OUR ability to act right.  I must move my muse to the hope of the Lord and not the will of Dagne. Dagne has great intentions but is made of flesh. The Lords hope is what allows me to mount up daily and get it cracking!  I know it's tough. If that's you today don't get weary.  See all those things you planned were gonna bring God glory so the enemy did his job by sending the distraction but ultimately you have the power. Use it. Feel his spirit help you mount up and your strength renew.  If this little bit helped you, then encourage and help someone else. That's what I heard!

A songwriter said it better, MY HOPE IS BUILT ON NOTHINGLESS THAN JESUS BLOOD AND RIGHTEOUSNESS. I DARE NOT TRUST THE SWEETEST FRAME BUT WHOLLY LEAN ON JESUS NAME!  Don't make me sing this whole song!  Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Moving

Hey there! My blog is now on my site and I am disabling this one in a couple of weeks!  If you follow this blog, please go to my site and si...