Friday, March 3, 2017

Don't Mess w/ That One...

If God be for us, who can be against us?   Romans 8:31

Growing up I didn't have siblings.  My older cousin Tosca was 2 years older than me and when I was in the same school with her I would talk stuff and then schedule her for any fighting that would be necessary.  I was not a fighter back then - I used my words.  LOL  I always felt protected though, because of my large extended family - I always had an uncle or two or seven that would let it be known "don't mess with THAT one".  

It is comforting and encouraging to read that God is for us!  He is in the stands rooting for us when the enemy comes up against u and I with all kinds of nonsense and foolery!  Because he is FOR us the only time the enemy stands a chance to even come our way is when God allows them to, like Job because circumstances and faith tests have been passed and he knows how much we can bear.  

But as we are reminded by Paul, though many may oppose, NONE can prevail against those who are the people of God. God is for us!!!  He has taken sides and he is on the side of those who fear him and trust in his Son Jesus Christ.  God the Father is for his people because he has chosen US, the Son is for US because he has redeemed US with his own blood, the Holy Spirit is for US because he calls US irresistibly to himself by faith.  

If God himself is for us, who, indeed, got the nerve, or inclination, or gall who indeed can successfully oppose us? Tell me who???  Dear believer, because the true and living God fights for you this day, none can overcome you; in fact, none can truly even harm you. He is up there pointing at us saying "don't mess with that one".  Walk in the assurance of that truth today and always because he who keeps us neither slumbers nor sleeps!

That's what I heard!  Be blessed today!

1 comment:

  1. Hallelujah and Amen!! Did you read this True Word!! Thank You Abba!!!
    And Thank The Lord Who Is in you Sister Dagne!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Moving

Hey there! My blog is now on my site and I am disabling this one in a couple of weeks!  If you follow this blog, please go to my site and si...