Saturday, January 21, 2017

Who R U Mentoring 2017

January 21, 2017

Who RU Mentoring?

Paul spelled out mentoring as his leadership model very simply. “Follow my example as I follow the example of Christ.” (I Cor. 11:1) “Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me — put it into practice.” (Phil. 4:9) In other words, “let me mentor you. Let me be your role model.”  Don’t worry this is not an appeal for Project Gradation to be a mentor…it is an appeal for you to recognize that as a Christian, you are already a mentor.  You are modeling behavior.  In our last couple of posts I have been talking about one anothering and its importance.  One aspect of that are the relationships that we have where we are the mentor and where we are the mentee. I will talk about being the mentee tomorrow, but in being the mentor, we have to know that we are sometimes the only light in a dark situation.  We are mentoring all day when we have newer Christians around or those who do not yet believe.  What are we showing and telling with our lives?

Now that we have a new president I WILL NOT do like some of them did our president with blatant disrespect. Disagree with his decisions and basic thinking but don't attack him publicly and in the same breath expect someone to respect ur authority in whatever role u have. We got four years to do our part to make and take a stand for what is right. Again don't run him down, run ur plan to do better UP. Let us Vote. Let us Volunteer. Let us Do. Less talk more DOING. And in the doing, model that.

In the bible, not only Jesus and the apostles, but elders as well do their work by mentoring. Peter charged, “be examples to the flock.” (I Pet. 5:4) And Paul explains to the elders at Ephesus, “You know how I lived the whole time I was with you”(Acts 20:17).  So that charge comes back to us today to make sure we are not being weak modeling for the weak.  If we are the one in the position to give direction, we can’t be all out on Tim-buck-two Highway trying to pull up MapQuest without a signal.  We should know enough to guide our way to the right road.

We are not perfect.  Mentees (the official and unofficial ones you don’t even know about that are watching you) just want to see how to grow when you don’t get it right.  What is your response when things don’t work out?  In your mentor moment, make sure your model home is a great likeness to the other houses in the neighborhood you talk about.

That’s what I heard!  Be encouraged today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Moving

Hey there! My blog is now on my site and I am disabling this one in a couple of weeks!  If you follow this blog, please go to my site and si...