Wednesday, January 18, 2017

His Ways...Not my Way

“For I command you this day to love the LORD your God and to keep his commands, decrees, and regulations by walking in his ways. If you do this, you will live and multiply, and the LORD your God will bless you and the land you are about to enter and occupy.”
‭‭Deuteronomy‬ ‭30:16‬ ‭NLT‬‬
    So when I look at this scripture and the many similar scriptures in The Old Testament God was clear if u do what I have told u, then I will do what I have told u.  My great grandmother would call that "minding". If u would just mind what I say...  Another scripture says "Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.”  Proverbs‬ ‭3:6‬ ‭NLT‬‬
     The 21-day fast time period is this for me. I have my devotional life regularly in the mornings, but during the fast this is what happens for me.  Because I have stopped some things that cause distractions and focused my attention on the Lord....giving more time to him....that amounts to being intentional about seeking the Lord in all I do.  When I do that, living the standard becomes easier.  Focusing on his plan and not my plan becomes a little easier. Isaiah‬ ‭55:9‬ ‭NLT says "For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.”   Clearly a perfect blameless life is not the requirement because the only perfect man was Jesus but in these times of clarity of thought and narrowing of scope of my day I will say I am drawing closer.  I am so grateful for this time of me talking to him and him talking back to me.  That's when we look more and more like him.

Remember on Sesame Street back in the day when they would have the sketch of ONE OF THESE THINGS IS NOT LIKE THE OTHER....  There would be 4 things and one would clearly be different from the other three. Fasting for me is when God highlights those areas in my life that r least like him. Those areas I need to lean more toward his ways than my ways.  Those times when I was hearing from Dagne and not from God. It also causes me to be more fruitful in those areas that r bringing him glory.  Yes Dagne you do have time to work on this today...it's gonna bring me glory. Yes Dagne that idea was on point I gave u to call that person, it's gonna bring me glory.  Yes Dagne since u trusted me with ur tithes, I am gonna make this budget stretch like it needs to.  So God I thank u for YOUR WAYS and how u r calling us closer and closer to u day after day!  Be encouraged today and be an encouragement to someone else! That's what I heard!
‭‭‬‬

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Moving

Hey there! My blog is now on my site and I am disabling this one in a couple of weeks!  If you follow this blog, please go to my site and si...