Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Sighted in Dothan

In the book of 2 Kings chapter 6, there is a story about God’s prophet Elisha. The king of one of Israel’s neighbors was quite upset with Elisha and sent a large force of soldiers to capture him while he stayed in a town called Dothan. Those soldiers surrounded the town overnight. Early in the morning, Elisha’s servant got up and saw that they were surrounded by enemies. What would they do? There was no way out. Surely he and his master would be captured. So he ran to tell Elisha the bad news. Yet Elisha calmly said, “Don’t be afraid. Those who are with us are more than those who are with them” (2 Kings 6:16). Then Elisha prayed that God would open the servant’s eyes so that he could see why Elisha was able to make such a claim. At once, the servant saw an angelic host, horses and chariots of fire, all around Elisha. God was with his prophet.
What force can stand against God?
That is the question the apostle Paul poses in Romans 8:31 when he writes, “If God is for us, who can be against us?” Do you ever feel like Elisha’s servant: outmatched and outnumbered by mess? Are you overcome with worries and doubts of all sorts? “Does God still care about me? Does he still love me? Will he still provide for me even though I’ve failed to trust in him time after time? Will he forgive me for hurtful words I speak, or taking his grace for granted? Will he bring me through trying times in my life again?"

Well if so sounds like u r hanging out in Dothan needing ur eyes opened anew!  Here’s the wonderful truth: God is for us. The proof of that is found in the fact that he sent his Son, Jesus, to save Us.  He didn’t spare his own Son, but gave him up on the cross to forgive us and make us his very own. And if that is the length to which God goes for you, then as Paul asks, “Who can be against us?” The answer? No one! Nothing! Not even Satan himself! That's why he is always planting those seeds of doubt LIES in ur heart. In everything, you are more than a conqueror through Christ who loves you. God himself has seen to it.  Your Dothan is today, open ur eyes and see the chariots. 
No force can stand against God!  That's what I heard!  Be blessed today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Moving

Hey there! My blog is now on my site and I am disabling this one in a couple of weeks!  If you follow this blog, please go to my site and si...