Thursday, February 16, 2017

We Be the MEpistle Today

1) Do we seem to be again attempting to put ourselves in the right? or have we need, as some have, of letters of approval to you or from you? (2) You yourselves are our letter, whose writing is in our heart, open for every man's reading and knowledge; (3) For you are clearly a letter of Christ, the fruit of our work, recorded not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in stone, but in hearts of flesh. (4) And this is the certain faith which we have in God through Christ: (5) Not as if we were able by ourselves to do anything for which we might take the credit; but our power comes from God. 2 Corinthians 3:1-5

That was a long scripture today, however, I wanted the whole context of the message straight from the word. This is Paul writing to the church at Corinth. Today our lives are the examples of Christ and his power on earth.  Any right living that we do is not based on ourselves but based on the power that comes from the Lord.

One day when I was a little girl in Sunday school at Mount Olive missionary Baptist Church 608 Main St., Clarksville, TN I recall Mrs. Ella Stacker telling me as she was teaching us from the book of Luke and I wanted to go into the book Galatians that "the sinner (as some of us were not yet saved) had no business in anything after the book of John." She said that the Gospels were written to save the lost and that anything after the book of John was written to the church to teach them how to live once they got saved.  Today we don't have an imprisoned Paul writing to us to tell us how to live. The most we have is Morning manna with my Bishop Geoffrey V Dudley!  Lol

We have the word of God. Our lives and how we live them; our faith and how we display it; our love relationship with Jesus and how we show it are the living epistles of today.  It is not through any power that we have but through his Spirit.  I thank God for his grace on the days when my story that I'm telling is not the most well written prose I could muster. Today if ur story is not in the best chapter; if the characters have taken a turn for the worse just keep living, keep serving, keep giving, keep trusting and believing. Eddie Kendrick wrote a song about it, Keep on Truckin Baby. Because when it's all said and done... just in the nick of time... it's God who gets the credit!
We r the epistles. Or the MEpistle!

That's what I heard!  Be encouraged today!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Moving

Hey there! My blog is now on my site and I am disabling this one in a couple of weeks!  If you follow this blog, please go to my site and si...