Friday, March 13, 2015

Plank Work

Matthew 7:3“Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?

Today I'm doing plank work. No not the exercise planks (which I despise by the way) but working on the plank in my eye. I'm calling out some of my known to me issues I suffer from. (Impatience, sometimes too critical, quick wit and quick to speak, etc). Plank is defined as 1. a long, flat piece of timber, thicker than a board.  In the scripture it refers to a plank in comparison to sawdust. In other words (my words) sawdust gathered together makes a plank. Now if there is a plank in the eye doesn't that mean when a person tried to help with the sawdust we take it personal and then it turns to a plank over time? In 77 days I will be getting married. Marriage is the closest of relationships. It behooves me to get some of this dust out of my eye right now before Isadore has a plank to deal with. As a matter of fact I believe that is likely one of the issues in a Christian marriage. U both have to live a godly life right there in close proximity to each other with dust flying everywhere everyday getting in each other's eyes! Whew. 

I know my blog goes to people who I may not know personally but if I know u and I have pointed out a piece of sawdust on/with u, that means I'm giving the green light for u to point out mine. Because if we are mutually picking out dust then no one has to walk around with a plank or in fact walk the plank!  

That's what I heard. Be encouraged today and inbox me or reply to me my sawdust so I can sufficiently deal with my own plank!  Lol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Moving

Hey there! My blog is now on my site and I am disabling this one in a couple of weeks!  If you follow this blog, please go to my site and si...